Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Thinking that you know the world is the biggest problem




There are two kinds of minds- an open mind and a closed mind. A closed mind is that which says, “This is how it is, I know it, that is it.” An open mind says, “Oh may be! Perhaps! I do not know!” Limited knowledge, and conformity about it, makes a mind very hard. Whenever you seem to understand a situation and label it,


“This is how it is’, that is the beginning of your problem. And all problems arise from “knowing”, not from “not knowing”. Whenever you think that injustice has been done to you; this falls in the category of - I know it, this is how things are. Suffering is a product of limited knowledge.


Whenever we attach a label ‘not good’, it comes from limited knowledge. But when there is amazement, patience, joy, then you are in a state of ‘ I don’t know, may be, something, Oh, what is it.” The whole life is a shift from the limited ‘I know’ to all possibilities’. Read More

No comments: