Friday, June 4, 2010

Ex-cricketer Strang heals with yoga, Gita


In 2009, Strang found the guru who he says changed his life forever. It was Sri Sri Ravishankar.

“I started reading the Bhagavad Gita and the words made so much sense to me, for this was exactly what I was craving for all my life,” he says, adding, from the scripture, “Words can heal and words can wound.”

As his crumpled spirits lifted, Strang was able to take control of his mind. He became a teacher of yoga and spirituality at an Indian community in Westridge, Harare. And then, as he recovered, he was able every now and then to take time out to heal his other damaged love, cricket.

“Cricket is life, no other sport displays truer emotions. I’ve come back to spread the message of love and heal wounds.” Wearing a backpack, he mingles with the crowds at the Queens Sports Club, healing a few wounds along the way. Healing after being healed, life has come full circle for Bryan Strang.
Read More

No comments: