Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Educate girls for a better worldSlug: Women's Meet



BANGALORE: She rose against dictatorship and climbed the ladder of democracy to live in a free world. Shireen Ibrahim Fattah, representative of the Kurdish government, Iraq, believes a free world makes for a conducive learning environment, especially for women. She enlists the pros of a democratic world during her recent visit to the Art of Living campus in Bangalore to address delegates at the Women and Technology meet. Excerpts from an interview:


What does it mean to be free from a dictatorial regime?


I have to tell my story to answer this question. My father was in prison for eight years because of the dictatorial regime, as a result of which my entire family suffered. I have seven brothers; they supported me for my education and that is how I am what I am today. To be free is very important so that everybody can get education. Read More

No comments: